Kenneth Brailsford is the founder and general partner of KEB Enterprises, a management consulting firm. Before his role at KEB, Kenneth Brailsford co-founded Nature’s Sunshine, where he pioneered commercially-produced herbal supplements in the form of capsules. He is also the founder of Zija International wellness company.
Zija offers a line of products sold through network marketing that contain an herb called Moringa oleifera. The leaves and pods of Moringa, which comes from North India, have been eaten or used medicinally for generations. The tree’s fruits, seeds, and leaves together contain more than 90 healthful nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, protein, and antioxidants.
Zija’s products use all parts of the tree in a chemical-free process that utilizes a method of shade drying which keeps the plant’s nutrients intact. Some studies have shown that taking a Moringa-based supplement may lower blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels, and help reduce inflammation. Zija recommends taking capsules, a powdered mix, and a tea every day in order to lose weight and feel better.
As the founder of Zija International, a nutraceutical company based in Lehi, Utah, Kenneth Brailsford has four decades of experience in the nutritional supplement industry. Prior to launching Zija International, Kenneth Brailsford cofounded Nature’s Sunshine, one of the first companies to encapsulate herbs.
Nutritional supplements come in both tablet and capsule form. However, encapsulating vitamins, minerals, and other natural ingredients, rather than compressing them into a tablet, comes with several benefits.
1. Capsules eliminate oxygen exposure, keeping the enclosed ingredients fresh, as well as protecting ingredients that may be sensitive to outside air.
2. Capsule shells break down relatively quickly, typically within four minutes, allowing for easy absorption.
3. Gelatin shells are easy on the esophagus, both eliminating the stomach irritation often associated with pills and allowing for ease of swallowing.
4. Capsules provide a platform to customize unique mixes of vitamins and nutrients, because contents do not have to be uniformly granulated.
5. Capsules do not produce odor and are void of taste.