A prominent entrepreneur, Kenneth Brailsford is a well-known figure in the field of health and nutrition. In his active career of more than 40 years, Kenneth Brailsford has operated several successful businesses, including KEB Enterprises, LLP.
An independently held equity firm that merges and acquires businesses, KEB Enterprises offers resources and experience to its partners with the goal of helping them achieve rapid growth. One of the firm’s main strategies is attuning its interests with those of its partners or acquisitions to ensure the best outcome for all.
Led by Mr. Brailsford, KEB Enterprises has built an extensive and diverse business portfolio in only a decade, incorporating several companies, such as Lehi, Geopower, and Alpine Air, as well as various properties. In 2014, KEB Enterprises also purchased the controlling rights to Elements of Health Care, LLC, a health product manufacturing company. For detailed information about KEB Enterprises, visit the company’s website at www.kebenterprises.com.
Known as the “Father of Herbal Encapsulation,” Kenneth Brailsford holds the reputation of introducing herbal remedies in capsule form to the commercial market and spearheading the network marketing industry starting in the 1970s. Today, after more than 30 years of entrepreneurial success, Kenneth Brailsford runs KEB Enterprises, a holding company serving as an umbrella company over numerous other companies, including a Subway franchise and multiple properties.
A holding company is a company that serves as a parent company to other entities. Such a company does not create or distribute anything. Instead, presides over various assets. Examples of such assets include shares of other companies, limited liability corporations, public stocks, real estate, brand names, and more.
Each of the investments under a holding company’s helm stand alone with a set team running the day-to-day operations. Those at the top of the holding company provide funds, oversight, strategy, and support. They also make decisions regarding the level of risk taken by each investment and determine who stays or goes within the leadership of each organization.
Throughout his professional life, Kenneth Brailsford has been an innovator in the nutritional supplements industry. In the course of his 35-year career, he initiated the production of encapsulated herbal capsules, developed and published The Herbalist magazine, and founded four nutritional product companies. Kenneth Brailsford built his success largely upon the mass appeal of herbal supplements, but what makes them so popular?
– Proven history: The healing effects of herbal remedies have been tried and tested over thousands of years. The first written record of herbal medicine dates back to about 3,000 BC, and indigenous Native American and African tribes routinely used herbs for healing.
– Widespread availability: Herbal medicines are naturally occurring and readily available. They are considered dietary supplements by the FDA, so they do not have to undergo the regulatory scrutiny necessary to establish the safety of pharmaceutical drugs. Rather, safety is presumed based upon the established history of herbs for medicinal use. No prescription is required, and many supplements can be found in any health food or grocery store. People can also grow and develop their own herbal remedies.
– Natural healing properties: As shown throughout history, herbal supplements are natural healers. In fact, many of the modern drugs in use today were derived from plants. Herbal supplements are used to treat a variety of ailments. Many have multifaceted uses for the hair, skin, and body. Popular supplements include St. John’s wort, used to treat mood disorders and fight inflammation; Ginkgo biloba, used to improve concentration, relieve ADHD, and maintain eye health; and aloe vera, used for skin irritations, constipation, and hair health.
Because the effects of natural supplements may vary with the individual, you should consult a doctor before beginning a natural regimen.
For nearly 50 years, Kenneth Brailsford has contributed greatly to the natural supplement industry, earning the moniker “Father of Herbal Encapsulation” for his work introducing herbal supplement capsules to the field. Serving as chairman, president, and CEO of nutritional organization Nature’s Sunshine, Kenneth Brailsford led the company to produce the first-ever commercial herbal supplements.
Herbal supplements, referred to as dietary supplements by the FDA, are not required to initially receive approval by the FDA before reaching consumers, according to Mayo Clinic. However, herbal supplements, once on the market, must receive monitoring by the FDA to ensure the product’s safety.
To list benefits of the supplements on the product’s packaging, the manufacturers must provide supporting research and note that the FDA has not substantiated the claims. The FDA sets quality standards that the products must meet. In addition, companies are required to follow manufacturing standards consistently. Such stipulations work to ensure the proper ingredients and the amounts are found in each batch.
Known as the “Father of Herbal Encapsulation,” Kenneth Brailsford founded Nature’s Sunshine in the 1970s. Kenneth Brailsford also went on to found Zija International, which sells a number of products made with Moringa oleifera.
Moringa oleifera is a tree grown in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains in northwest India. The tree’s seeds, fruit, and leaves have long been used for medicinal purposes, as they contain over 90 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, proteins, and omega oils.
Zija International’s Moringa products stand out from others in that all of the company’s trees grow on proprietary farms without chemicals. The trees are harvested by hand and dried in the shade, a process that keeps the nutrients intact.
These nutrients serve a number of purposes, such as reducing inflammation and facilitating digestion. Moringa also is taken to improve mental clarity and increase energy levels.
Zija sells Moringa in a variety of formats, including capsules and a powder to make supplement drinks. To learn more about Zija and its Moringa-based products, visit www.zijainternational.com.
The founder of Nature’s Sunshine and Zija International, Kenneth Brailsford has more than 40 years of experience in the herbal encapsulation field. Kenneth Brailsford holds a bachelor of science in economics from Brigham Young University (BYU), which recently ranked eighth in the country among the universities with the most social media engagement.
Every year, the Higher Ed Social Media Engagement Report ranks universities based on their social media engagement, as measured by follower growth and communication with followers. One of the main drivers of BYU’s high ranking is its highly-engaged body of students and alumni, who drove the university’s Twitter handle to the number five spot in the nation, a drastic jump from last year’s ranking of 21. The handle now has nearly 52,000 followers.
Another factor that helped BYU soar was its Instagram page, which jumped from 17th to 12th in the rankings. The university relies on strategies based on user-generated content, including posts by students studying abroad. Thanks to these strategies, BYU’s Instagram page has grown to include more than 91,000 followers.
A leader in the field of encapsulated herbs, Kenneth Brailsford is the founder and majority shareholder of Zija International. In this role, Kenneth Brailsford heads a company that sells a variety of products based on the plant moringa oleifera.
Packed with vitamins and nutrients, moringa oleifera offers a wide variety of health benefits. The following are just a few:
– Combats free radicals. Moringa oleifera contains several antioxidants, including flavonoids, polyphenols, and ascorbic acid, which help counteract free radicals, which are a source of cell damage, oxidative stress, and inflammation.
– Protects the heart. The leaf powder of moringa oleifera helps control blood lipid and cholesterol levels and helps prevent plaque from forming in the arteries, thus improving cardiovascular health.
– Boosts the immune system. Rich in iron and vitamin A, moringa oleifera helps the body’s immune system to fight infections. Multiple studies have also shown the plant to be effective as an anti-cancer agent, particularly in colon and breast cancers.